Wednesday, February 24, 2010

my mouth is watering...

...as I am thinking about the food I am about to eat. I am trying two recipes that I recently found. The first is a chicken spaghetti

Ingredients:
2 cups Cooked Chicken
3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions:
-Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups.
-Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook.
-When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
-Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

And for dessert-apple dumplings! yum

Ingredients:
2 whole Granny Smith Apples
2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
2 sticks Butter
1-½ cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Cinnamon, To Taste
1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda

Preparation Instructions:
-Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll.
-Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
-Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.
-Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples.
-Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan.
-Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Happy Wednesday! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. both of those are amazing, the apple dumplings are freaking awesome.

    The spaghetti casserole, i have to alter it, I don't put as much of the broth in-- otherwise its watery, and I like it a bit more thick and hearty. But still both are easy fun and YUM!

    I bought the cookbook for Missa for her birthday, but most of the recipes are on her blog, matter of fact her blog has more. I have yet to try a recipe of hers I don't like, try the rosemary rolls too!!!

    Sorry I promise not to comment on EVERY blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!!! Wait a minute, you're actually cooking?!!! HOLY COW! I'm on my way! LOL :) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha speaking of Mobile, Matt told me last night that we may have the option to move to Pensacola THIS summer! They're asking some of the officers who are supposed to move in 2011 to move this summer either to Pensacola, where he'd be a flight instructor at Whiting, or to Atlantic City, NJ. I was like YES let's go to pcola..please please please. But then he said that it wouldn't look good on his record since he's so young still. But we'll see. He's going to ask about it some more at work today to get some more info. Who knows, we could be neighbors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, glad you tried them! I actually just had the last of the chicken spaghetti and apple dumplings for lunch. I love trying recipes from The Pioneer Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So did you like 'em? :) You have to start stalking the PW site, Kori even does but for her photos not her food :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!