Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 33

Week 33! As you can tell from my video the other day, Easton has been moving a ton, sometimes it will take my breath away and just shock me. He got a hold of my ribs this week too. Ouch. I feel great overall, but it is getting harder to work around this big 'ol belly. I guess it is because he is growing so much right now, but overall my energy is really low these days. It doesn't take much to make me want to crash.

I continue to prick my fingers to monitor my glucose, have heartburn, and very vivid dreams. I am starting to have some trouble getting to sleep. We had our 3rd lamaz class Monday...next week is our last one. Poor Drake has to go after getting up at 4:45 in the morning for work, so when she turns the lights low for relaxation, his head starts bobbing. :) So this week we stopped and he got some Mountain Dews to drink and that helped. haha

Also this week we got our maternity shoot done, I can't wait to get the pictures back! This Sunday is my first shower from my mom and her best friend. I am so excited! We got fabric swatches for approval from Drake's mom for our curtains that she is about to start on. Lots of exciting things going on now that we are in the home stretch! ♥


*Baby is the size of a honeydew*
Your baby is still gaining weight (about half a pound a week), and he could grow up to another full inch this week. With that much baby inside your uterus, your amniotic-fluid level has maxed out, which explains why some of his pokes and kicks feel pretty sharp these days. (There's less fluid to cushion the blows.) Antibodies are being passed from you to your little one as he continues to develop his own fetal immune system, which will come in handy once he's outside the womb and fending off all sorts of germs. Senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh - I can't wait to see your maternity shoot pics. I'm sure they're gorgeous! How did you choose how far along to be when you had the pics done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, so glad everything is going so well. Hope it continues to go well! Can't wait to see the pictures of Easton's nursery when y'all are finished, I'm sure it will be precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Jos- I wanted to be far enough along so that I had my belly popping, but not so far along that I just felt swollen and terrible. I am happy we did them around this time. I also asked around and doing them around this time seemed to get the best feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic! So happy and healthy. I can't wait to see the maternity pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your maternity pictures too! I bet they are great! Have fun at your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lookin' great!!! I'm sure the pics are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!