Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 34

Week 34! (A day late) The weeks just keep rolling by and what do you know, same story, different day...I can't believe I am here. Monday was our last lamaz class and we had a lady that reminded me of Betty White walking us around giving us a tour of everything. It was great to see everything but she apparently forgot that she was walking around with a bunch of pregnant girls and kept stopping to talk in random places for a long time. My back was killing me by the time we were done.

My body is definitely getting more and more achy these days. I just got home from grocery shopping and feel like I just ran a race. Sleeping is getting a little harder as the weeks go by. It takes me a while to fall asleep and then once I am asleep, I have to get up so often to go to the bathroom. Next week I have my next appointment and I am excited because they are doing an ultrasound to do a growth scan. I hope Easton is growing like he should and still doing well. Last week when she measured my belly at 33 weeks, she said it was measuring about 32. Hmmm Every other week he has been spot on, so who knows. It will also be the first time I get checked for progress. Not looking forward to that very much.

I think that's about it :) My first shower was a success and I have another one on the 13th. I can't wait! Thanks for checking in :)




*Baby is the size of a cantaloupe*
What's new this week? Your baby is clocking in at five pounds and could be as tall as 20 inches by now, and the vernix (the white coating protecting your baby’s skin) is getting thicker. This week, a boy's testicles start making their way down from his abdomen to their final destination: his scrotum (look out below!). While about three to four percent of boys are born with undescended testicles, it's nothing to worry about — they usually head downtown before junior turns a year old. In other baby-related developments, those tiny fingernails have probably reached the tips of his fingers by now — and getting ready for that first postpartum manicure.

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I need to know where this super cute dress is from, too! You look awesome, Rachel. Only a few more weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting that you get to see him again - we haven't had an ultrasound since our 3D several weeks ago. And those cervical checks are really uncomfortable and I can't figure out why. At least they don't last long and I just think that this is nothing compared to what it will be like weeks from now... :) Lookin beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your glow jumps off the screen! :) So close!

    The cervical checks aren't crazy comfortable, but they are extremely quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys!

    Shannon-this dress is a non maternity dress from TJ Maxx that I just got a size up in.

    Stephanie-Yea I was not expecting another ultrasound, so I hope it is standard for my doctor and not meaning she is concerned about something.

    Steph and Allison- Glad to know that the checks are quick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress! Can't believe how close you are now...crazy! As always, you look fantastic :)

    Good luck at your appointment. Hopefully you get a few more pictures of the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the best maternity clothes ever. I wish I had your style!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!