Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 35

Another week down...this past week has been ok. My heartburn at night is annoying and all in my throat. I also have trouble falling asleep these days. I will lay there forever trying to fall asleep and then I finally just sit up and watch crappy TV for a while. Yea, surely that helps haha

This morning I had my check-up and now will be seeing my doctor weekly. We did an ultrasound first since last week he was measuring a week behind based on my belly measurements. Well, according to the ultrasound he is on the normal/high side. He is measuring 6 lbs 2 ounces. My fluid was good, his heartbeat was like 127 at the start of the ultrasound and he was not moving as much as she wanted him to, so they got this little thing and vibrated it on my stomach and then he got going and the heart rate went up to about 138. She said he was just sleeping and they would only be concerned if when they did the vibration thing if he didn't react.

It seems like the closer I get to D-day the more I worry about...I guess there is more to look at now a days. I also got checked for the first time, no progress yet. Bummer. I think that sums up this week :) I can't believe we are getting so close!



*Baby is the size of a honeydew melon*
Your baby is standing tall (so to speak) this week at about 20 inches and continues his steady weight gain (he’s about 5.5 pounds). While he won't get much longer, he will continue to pack on the pounds — including large amounts of baby fat — right up 'til delivery day. Something else that's moving at a mind-boggling pace these day: fetal brain development! There’s a lot going on inside that tiny head, which is, by the way, still soft to allow an easier exit through the birth canal.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it's practically time. Wish I could be there for your shower, but ummm sorry..it's Miss B's bday..tanks. If you want to help move along the process, they can scrape your lining...just ask your doc if you haven't already researched it on the internet ;)...that's what I did with Blake b/c like you, I couldn't sleep at night ever! Can't believe he's already 6 lbs...get ready..i'll bet he'll be an 8 lb-er at birth...and I'm excited too they will be so close in age...they can be baseball and football buddies...YEAH! K, must get back to cleaning the house...ugh...it seems like it's a non-stop chore here. C ya...BYE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AMAZING!!! Wow, the countdown begins...the anticipation is getting in tents...haha!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be following your progress and reading to catch up. Nice to meet you!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!