Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 37

I'm full term! Easton can feel free to come whenever he would like :) I am so ready and excited! (And being patient realizing I might not meet him for another few weeks if that's what he feels like doing too) I went in for my weekly check today and no progression as far as he goes, still barely a cm. and about 50% effaced she said. My doctor did say that his head was getting lower, so I will take what I can get :) His heart rate was good, my blood pressure was good...so onto the next week we go.

I am not totally miserable, but more uncomfortable lately, especially with going back to work and being on my feet all day...oh and driving my kids around the community to job sites for our program with a bus that has no air in Florida. Not cool. So I just get hot and swollen at work and my back has been hurting more this week. We are ready for Easton to come though which is exciting, I have everything lined up at work, we put in his car seat this weekend, hospital bag is in the car...

I cannot believe I will be meeting my baby in the next couple weeks! ♥

Congratulations! You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean he's finished growing — in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so he’s probably not kicking as much, though he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it's like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

7 comments:

  1. Um when did this happen? It is like I blinked and all of a sudden you're about to pop out a baby. So exciting. Hope that you don't get too uncomfortable. Eh heat does not sound fun. Cool down Florida! Cool down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctor said that the heat makes babies come, so maybe your job with actually get him here sooner! Well, hopefully AFTER you get out of the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on cookin' a full term baby in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay full term!! :) So weird to be so close, isn't it?? You look absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking yesterday that it's any day now. I got so anxious. Tanks :) That's good that his head has dropped...my gut feels like it's going to be in the next 7 days, but I could be wrong, but that's what I'm feeling. Once I read about his head I just knew I was right. :) C ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so close girl! The hot bus does not sound like fun; I hope you are able to keep the swelling to a minimum. And definitely a good thing to have your bags packed and car seat in the car before going into labor - two things we failed to do. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!