Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week 38

Week 38...here we go. I am officially hitting that point. The point where I am so ready to have him that I start to get impatient and frustrated. Working up until I go into labor is going to suck, but it's what I have to do. I had no progression when I went to the doctor yesterday :( I am hoping for better news next week at my 39 week appointment, if not we need to plan when we will induce I guess. Crazy to think about! He is getting lower that's for sure, because it just hurts down below when I try and walk for a while or even when I get up in the night to go to the bathroom, I am so stiff and achy. I am just ready, plain and simple...you just have to deal with my moodiness today.

The good news is...my glucose readings have remained low, his heartbeat was 140 yesterday, my blood pressure has remained good, and my weight is good. Drake is ready to go! :) Anytime I call and he misses it, he will call right back, "Is it time?! Is everything ok?!" and the other night when he was sleeping and I was still watching some TV and had a sharp pain that caused me to make a noise, he popped up half asleep," What's going on? Are you having contractions?!" haha

Well, that is all for now...MAYBE this will be my last update. haha (or maybe I will have 3 more-yikes!) Thanks for checking in♥






Hey, your little one isn't so little anymore, weighing close to seven pounds and measuring 20 inches long. Fetal development is nearly complete as your baby tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. He's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in his lungs from sticking to one another once he starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: He’s continuing to add fat (so he can take advantage of all those photo ops by sporting a round, cute baby look!) and fine-tuning his brain and nervous system (so he can deal with all the stimulation that awaits him once he makes his entrance into the world).

6 comments:

  1. So close. I hope it happens soon for you. The last few weeks are the worst but I'm really glad you are just now feeling bad.....its ruff when it starts early - it seems like Easton has treated his momma well. GL to you and Drake I can't wait to read about his entrance into the world. Praying it all goes smooth! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AMAZING!!! I LOVE YOU and I can't wait for EASTON to show his little face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in the homestretch girl, hang in there. You look so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go have sex! They say that's the only proven way to instigate labor and I figure "Hey! Why not!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Oak said. Only you have to have sex 3 times in 24 hours. It is a good excuse to get some in there before you lose the desire for a little bit....you know vajayjay destruction and all. I am sorry you're uncomfortable. Come on little man! Get out here! I don't think he can hear me. Kids! right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Drake's reactions are cute! You are a beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!