Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Little Things

Today Drake was lucky enough to work from 6am to 8pm. Ugh! So while he was away, me and little E went to my parent's house for the Alabama-Auburn game. Kyle and Kylie came over and while everyone was watching the game Kylie was reading one of her books :) I called her over and asked if she wanted to go to the park. "After the Alabama game?" she asked...."Nope" and then she said, "Oh, at half time?"..."Nope" I asked her if she wanted to go right then and she did not hesitate to put her book up and go with me. One day she will be too cool to hang out with her dorky Aunt Racey, so I thought it would be fun to go have a random play date with her.

I guess it's because I don't get to see her all the time, but when I am with Kylie I take note and cherish the little things around us. I had the best time with her for the hour we spent with just the two of us. We hopped in the car and she had total control over the pandora, so we listened to Miley Cyrus and sung together with the sunroof open. We played at the park, a game of hide and seek and got on the tire swing, we ate red hots out of her Alvin and the Chipmunks lunchbox. We stopped at the gas station and I let her pick out a snack. She chose gatorade and donut holes. :) It was a great outing with my girl and a great day overall. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. wish I could have joined ya'll. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I nominated you for an award on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!