Thursday, November 17, 2011

starting our own

I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving...and then the Christmas season starts! I am so excited to start our very own family traditions with Easton. My mom was telling me about The Elf on the Shelf. Have you seen this? Basically after you read the story, a magic elf "appears" in your house to watch and make sure you are being good during the holiday season. Every night the elf goes back to the north pole to report to Santa if you were good or bad and reappears the next day. BUT he or she reappears in a different spot so you have to find where the elf is hiding each morning. Once Christmas eve comes and the elf hears Santa's Christmas bells, they go back to the north pole until the next season. :) How cute is that?

I am in a good mood tonight :) Tomorrow is my last day at work and for my "work" day we are taking the kids to O'Charleys to eat and going to a museum downtown. Tough life ♥ Happy Thursday!!

3 comments:

  1. We started "Elf on a Shelf" last year and my daughter LOVED it!!! You can also register your Elf online which is fun! Finding the Elf every morning was this first thing my daughter did when she would get out of bed. We will br reading our book the day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you a funny story about this book. My friend bought it and was doing it with her daughter. Her daughter started not sleeping at night and wanting to sleep in bed with her parents. This was unusual for my friends daughter and after a couple nights she asked her what was going on. Her response "You try sleeping with an elf in your room". LOl Oh my lordy I never laughed so hard in my life. I would have never though to think of it that way. Ahhh out of the mouth of babes :) Still, I think it's a cute book and a cute idea. Happy Holiday's and congrats on the adorable addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, that is hilarious! But I totally understand... The elf is s little creepy looking :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!