Saturday, December 31, 2011

The best year of my life

Wow what a difference a year can make. God has been so good to us this year and I am so thankful for every bit of it. It started off with a bang and never slowed down! :) Here are just a few of my favorite things that took place this year...here we go.

In January...
Only 9 days into the new year we found out that we were finally going to have a baby! Sharing the news with everyone was so much fun.
Right after finding out I was pregnant, Drake was given the position of store manager at the company he was working for. Huge financial blessing!
We got to see our baby for the first time. So surreal.

In February...
we had family days at the beach...
watched UFC fights...
went to a murder mystery theater and stayed in the same hotel room we did on our wedding night for our Valentine's Day celebration...
and I got to celebrate some awesome students that I was lucky enough to coach.

In March...
Matt, Kathryn, and Bayleigh came to visit us...
and we enjoyed an awesome Spring Break.

In April...
We had our gender reveal party to tell everyone that we were having a boy :)
We went out on a boat and enjoyed time at Crab Island...
and celebrated our 4th year of marriage with an awesome romantic surprise evening from Drake.

In May...
we took the kayaks out...
We hit the links...
and celebrated Drake's birthday with dinner on the beach.

In June...
we kicked off the summer with friends...
My uncle came in town for Taylor's wedding...
I met up with a childhood friend...
had a girl's night out...
found out that I would be back to teaching my same position after summers of having to job search due to budget cuts. I could finally relax and know I had a job at the end of the summer and focus on my growing belly and getting the nursery ready...
and we went to The Psychedelic Furs concert with my family.

In July...
Kylie went to horse camp and loved it!
we had an awesome baby moon trip to Miami...

Drake's mom and step-dad came to visit...
I enjoyed my summer break with our redneck pool...
and I had my first baby shower.

In August...
I was SWOLLEN and hot! haha But so excited for little E to get here. (it is so weird to look back at pregnant pictures of yourself once the baby is here!)
I had another wonderful shower...
and we enjoyed time at the lake.

In September...
my world changed forever...
Best moment of my life ♥

In October...
Easton went on his first date haha...
We enjoyed family walks...
we went through a corn maze...
and Easton had his first Halloween as World's Strongest Man...

In November...
we went to a pumpkin patch...
Drake's mom, Kyle, and Melissa came to meet Easton :)
Easton had his first trip to the beach...
we enjoyed a full house for Thanksgiving...
Drake got a new toy...
and I enjoyed a girl's night on the town...

In December...
Easton enjoyed Christmas lights :)
we had some fun family time...
and had a blast for Easton's first Christmas!
So much fun to look back at the wonderful year we had. We will be bringing it to a close tonight at Trey and Danielle's house like we have the last few years in our pjs. Always a good time! 2011 was such a wonderful year. I am excited to bring in 2012 and continue to watch my sweet boy grow and continue to create memories with him and my family and friends.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome year indeed. :) Fun to look back at all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love all the pictures!! Great year-end post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!