Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Weekend!

This weekend has been such a special weekend for our family. Easton's first Christmas :) Friday night we decided at the last minute to go to a light display that had a train ride. We called up my parents and they had Kylie for the night, so we all squeezed in a car listening to Christmas music and headed out. We had fun! It was fun talking with Kylie about Santa during the car ride.





This picture cracks me up! I think Easton was having a little stimulation overload by all of the lights and sounds going on. haha

Then our Christmas Eve started out making cookies :)

Easton made his first cookie :) I held out the 3 shapes and he grabbed at the tree, then I held out the icings and he grabbed for green, and finally grabbed at the blue sprinkles. SO that totally counts as him making it!

Sweet Cosmo posing in front of the tree for me ♥

After we made cookies we headed over to my parents for the afternoon. Best buds hanging in the back seat...
We showed up in the middle of some electric football

I am so thankful for my little family! This time last year I was pregnant and had no idea!

We played some soccer outside...

Pop played too :)

We ate a delicious dinner that my mom made and then it was time to open presents. I didn't expect Easton to care at all, but he was all about pulling the wrapping paper off! Of course it went straight to his mouth like everything else these days. We opened gifts and Easton got the sweetest video from my dad and Kylie! It was Kylie reciting the part from Charlie Brown Christmas about what Christmas is about. She was reading it word for word in her sweet innocent voice and at the end said, "And that's what Christmas is all about Easton Wade." Loved it!

After opening gifts we played a new board game that we got. (Christmas tradition to get a new one each year) And then we headed home to get ready for Santa to come :)

AND finally this is Easton this morning for his first Christmas morning. Yep, definitely teething.

He got a toy camera. haha

Opening gifts with daddy ♥

we opened gifts and played all morning. After that Easton took a really long nap, which meant mommy and daddy got to take a really long nap! :) Then I took an amazing bubble bath with some new bath stuff I got and wore my pjs all day.

It was a wonderful weekend! Here I am with my favorite gift ♥ I am so thankful for this life God has blessed me with. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. OMG I am dying with the picture of Roy! Now I see where you got your kick from Ray! Bwahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a wonderful first Christmas for you three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiden is drooling up a storm too...teething is definitely around the corner! Glad you guys had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Your son is SO adorable. It looks like you had the most fantastic Christmas. I love it : ) I sure do miss that age. I need another baby right this instant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!