Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day weekend!

Last night we went to little Dean's first birthday party. I was excited that it was in the evening so Drake was able to join in! :) I guess time never seems slow, but wow once you are surrounded by kids it just speeds up that much more. Last year at this time we were at the hospital meeting Dotts and I was pregnant with Easton. Drake and Ronnie went and got Moes and Marble Slab for us to eat and I was sneaking Jenn's heartburn medicine. :) How in the world was that a full year ago?! Here is the birthday boy with his cake...

Easton enjoyed playing with the guys in Dean's room, they were banging the table and staring attempting to talk to each other.

my sweet angel



I am the annoying party guest that has to always get a group shot of the kids, they will appreciate it one day, I hope :)

I am one lucky girl :)

Today is my first Mother's Day :) I am so thankful that I have been given this gift...

Him and his daddy brought me some yummy breakfast this morning after letting me sleep in a little and Easton got me a gift card to get a full day of pampering. :) Facial, full body massage, body wrap, access to pool and fitness center. My boys spoil me ♥

Easton signed the card :)

After hanging out here we went to my parent's house and my brother and Rose came by as well and we played some board games and hung out for a while. Then it was back home and we have just been enjoying family time around the house in our bum clothes. Perfect 1st Mother's Day to me!

This day definitely gives me a bittersweet taste in my mouth. I am so thankful for my mom and the way that she loves us and does absolutely anything for us. She is the best momma in the world! I am blessed to have Easton as my son and to finally be a mom myself. I will never take my precious gift for granted and I hope he always knows how much I love him. And finally I feel sad for the women out there still longing to be a mom, some struggling secretly. Before we got pregnant, this was one of the days that infertility made me feel just angry. It hurt. I hope that anyone who is hurting due to infertility today can feel a sense of peace and know that they will be a mom. ♥

I'm off to enjoy a little more time with my boys before bed. Have a great week everyone!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love Easton's signature! So glad you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how long that boy looks, especially in the picture with all the kids on the couch! You sure were pampered on Mother's Day, you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!