Sunday, November 11, 2012

Half Marathon

Well...I did it! :) I completed my first half marathon. I hate running and training for it was brutal but it's one of those things I've always wanted to do, now I can mark it off the bucket list. My one and only goal for the race was to not stop and walk at all, and I accomplished that. 
 Most people probably run as a stress reliever to clear their mind, but count on me to think about life and deep thoughts along the way. :) With about 2 miles left, my music playing was very um dramatic and motivating as I was reaching the end and digging deep not to stop. We were downtown and the route included me running past my old office building when I did social work...one of the worst years for us. A job I hated and infertility at it's peak. I thought about that year and how far we have come since then. Shortly after, I turn a corner and I see my mom with Easton is his stroller :) They ran a block with me and cheered me on while my dad took pictures. Then Drake was a little further up watching me finish. ♥ 
 Very cool experience and I'm glad I did it. :)


5 comments:

  1. You did awesome!! Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Awesome time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you!! I hope to do one and cross it off my bucket list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. :) I'm so glad you've gotten to such a better place in life now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!