Saturday, August 10, 2013

summertime sadness

Well, this will be my last post of summer 2013. It hit me like a ton of bricks tonight that I'm going back to work Monday. Maybe I'm being a big wimp, but I don't care. I have spent every minute with this kid for the past 2 months and it just makes me realize how much I have to miss while I am at work. He is such a fun age now. 
We went out to the beach this evening and it was so nice. 

I started getting sad on the ride home and then when we got home and did bath time I told Easton to come give me a hug and kiss goodnight. He did his normal lean in for a hug, but continued to climb on me and straddle me and laid his head on my shoulder. Easton will usually NOT cuddle, so it caught me off guard. 
It was one of those moments as a parent that time literally stands still and the simple presence of your child is amazing. I wasn't moving. I sat there holding him as long as he would let me and of course I started to tear up. Love my sweet boy so much. xoxo
 I am so thankful for the memories we made this summer ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!