Thursday, September 12, 2013

two year old letters

My sweet baby E, 
I dreamed about you for so long and very impatiently waited to be your mom. But God knew just what he was doing and you were so worth the wait. These past two years have been the best of my life. You are so sweet and happy all the time. When things are chaotic, stressful or just messy around you, you just continue to smile and have so much joy. You challenge me to see the good in this crazy world, to try and see through your eyes...full of beauty and happiness. 

You are 100% boy. You climb and run, love sports and laugh at your farts. haha You could care less about your toys, you just want to run. If we are stuck inside on a rainy day, you will run up and down the hallway or circles in the living room. You like your books with sound, blocks, swinging and are obsessed with circles. You will put all of your blocks in the bucket except the circle. You will just carry it around everywhere. You savor things. You will get some juice and go running around with your cheeks full until you come get another sip. Or if you get a handful of snacks, you will save the last one and carry it around...I have come across some random pieces of snack food in some weird places. :)

You go to bed around 8:00 and you are up around 5:30 or 6. yikes. Even on the nights we go to a football game or stay out with you later and you get to bed at about 10 you are still up so early. :( On the weekends daddy and I usually nap right along with you. ha You are still growing into a very big boy. Your head remains in the 98th percentile haha You are 35 pounds and about 37'' You wear 4T clothes and size 9 shoes! You are a picky eater but love your fruit. You also love ice cream...pop usually shares his with you at their house. 

You have started to act really shy the older you get when you are at new places or with new people. You have done and seen so many things already in your life and I look forward to the years of memories ahead. I am so proud to call you my son and love you more than I can express in words. xoxo 

Love, Mom 
My little buddy, 

Two years has gone by and there is not one minute I don't thank God you are in my life. I have loved you since the day your mother gave me the wonderful news. The first time I saw you, I knew we would be pals for life. You looked at me as if you already knew who I was. Seeing you for the first time was the single greatest moment of my entire existence. 

You have truly made some remarkable memories in my life. The first time you smiled, learning to roll over, scooting and crawling all over our wood floors (I would be so worried it would hurt your knees) your first steps, learning how to catch a ball before your first birthday was astonishing, the fact that everyone who sees you or picks you up talks about how stout you are. 

Every single moment in your life, no matter how big or how small, makes me the proudest father on the planet. I love you so much buddy. Happy Birthday. 

Love, Dad

2 comments:

  1. These letters brought tears to my eyes. Our sweet boys are 2. WOW. Easton sounds like he's certainly all boy, loving the outdoors and sports. Such a handsome toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh he is one good lookin' boy! He sounds like such a sweet, fun boy to be around. And I can't believe he's in 4T and size 9 shoes already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!