Wednesday, June 4, 2014

beach and speech

Our first day of summer break was spent the right way...at the beach. On the drive there, I had one of those moments where you just really feel everything around you. Just a huge rush of happiness and being so thankful for this life. Everyone around us was on their hamster wheel, rushing into work and there we were...cruising down with the sun roof open, beach music playing, Easton dancing and enjoying every second. 
 I love that my job allows for this time with him. I would love to be a stay-at-home mom, but the fact that I do work and get these couple months with him, really makes me appreciate that time so much more and I will try to squeeze as much fun as possible into the time off.

 Today was a good day ♥ We hit up the park right after the beach too...then we both napped. ahhh

Then after nap, Easton had his speech for the week. He has not added many words here lately, but he is using the words he does have more and with purpose. This morning I asked if he wanted strawberries, "Nooo" then I asked if he wanted a fruit cup, "Noooo" then I asked if he wanted some grapes, "Paa" (please) So that is a positive step. More spontaneous language overall. A couple months ago he would only say words when you said, "Easton, say____" I pray that when he starts school in the fall that he makes progress like crazy. Such a sweet boy ♥ 

1 comment:

  1. I can really tell how much you enjoy your summers off with him through all the fun things and quality time you guys spend together. I'm sure this is just the beginning of another great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!