Monday, June 23, 2014

big boy bed

Well, I put it off as long as I could but Easton started climbing out of his crib last week, so it was time to move to a big boy bed. :( Last night was Easton's first night in it and he did great. I kept peeking in and he was just laying there quiet until he fell asleep. Sweet boy. I know that nap time will be a nightmare and he will probably end up playing more days then napping...but here is his little twin bed :)
We sold our crib, and I had a rough time with that...I sat in Easton's room and cried looking at it, thinking back to putting it together with Drake when I was pregnant, we were so excited. Our baby is growing up. Such a bittersweet emotion. 

(Bedding from: Pottery Barn Kids)

4 comments:

  1. Avery is and will be our only child, so I am dreading selling her crib too.
    Love the bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love the new bed, but I definitely get the emotion about taking down the crib. Stella is still in hers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't moved Aiden from his crib yet, and unless he tries climbing out, I'm not going to rush it. I'm SO worried he won't nap or sleep in his bed at night if he goes to a big boy bed. I love the bedding you picked out for Easton. I bet selling the crib was really hard, it's like the end of an era you know? When we get to that point, I'm sure I'll be crying too. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, we haven't made the plunge yet either. And I think out of everyone who has commented, C is the oldest! She is perfectly content in her crib and thankfully hasn't climbed out, but I sort of wish she would make it clear to us when the right time to transition her will be. I think we'll just have to pick a day on the calendar and do it. One question for you, any reason you decided to go with a twin bed rather than just taking the front off his crib? I love his bed by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!