Thursday, October 2, 2014

school update

I wanted to update about Easton's school. It is going awesome! He is there from 8-1:45, one of only 4 students in his class and gets so much help with speech, does PE and gets a nap everyday. He is thriving! 

I can't even list all of his words because I think I would miss some, there are a ton of word approximations where probably only we can tell what he is saying, but he has added a handful of words since school has started. He signs with the words and is mastering goals that we set for him. Just a lot more attempts at repeating everything he hears. 

We still have a VERY long way to go, but having progress is so exciting! He had his first 4 word sentence the other day! Before school started he could barely say 2 words together and it was only when he was prompted to do so. Now he will say, " I want more cookie (gummie, cracker)" 
I am so grateful that things are going the way they are and that our morning routines are good...I even get a couple minutes to sit in silence before he wakes up! :) It wasn't long ago he was waking up about 5:30-6 everyday...now it's 7:00 or 7:30. ♥ 

Happy Friday eve! 

3 comments:

  1. What a great update! He's made awesome progress for being in school such a short time. So proud of your big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news! Easton is not only the cutest soccer player, but doing awesome in school. I love that he has 4 kids in his class, what an awesome teacher/student ratio. I'm sure that is helping a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! So glad to hear he's having progress with his speech and that you guys are in a good routine. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!