Friday, August 14, 2015

summer wrap up

Umm...oops :/ So apparently summer calls for a break for everything in life, even if you don't intend for it to be that way. Here I am hopping on to write and it's been almost a month...and the only thing I can upload for pictures are straight from my cell phone. Bleh. 

It's hard to believe that summer break is over-I just finished my week of pre-planning and the kids will be rolling in on Monday! I know it seems ridiculous to be whiny after a summer break, but it really does make it harder to go back to work. You are given a taste of how awesome life is without the worry of work, and then you get thrown back to reality and start counting down until Fall Break. :)

Anyways...so our summer was great overall. Kylie was here the second half and we celebrated her birthday at Sam's Fun City, went to the movies, did the slip and slide at pop and nannys, and went swimming. Easton loved the days he got to play with Kylie and Georgia. 

 We had a fun trip to New Orleans...well once we finally got there. Traffic and construction turned our short weekend 3 hour drive to NOLA into 6 1/2 hours in the car to get there, and then when we got there and were so gross and wanted to shower they were having water issues so you couldn't drink water or shower until later that night. Drake will be fine if we never go to New Orleans again. :) We went to the aquarium and dinner the Saturday we were there. 


Kylie and Easton fed the stingrays their dinner...

 {not a fan}

 The next day we went to cafe du monde and the zoo all day before driving back-3 hours this time! :)

We also had fun playing outside, hanging out with friends and finding random things around town to fill up our days. 


One of those being Home Depot workshops. I know I have written about them before, but I definitely still recommend them! First Saturday of every month. Easton loves the hammering part of the projects.
 {Drake has some serious trust :)}
We also went to Drake's work to check it out. I am so proud of him! He has already been promoted to a supervisor position in sales. And having every weekend off together is so awesome! We spent many years with him working weekends. 
 Easton made himself at home and walked around meeting all the guys. The next morning he said he wanted to go back to daddy's work and I asked him what he wanted to do up there..."Give those boys high fives" 
 Also, with summer wrapping up that also meant that gymnastics would be ending. Easton loved it and I am glad that we did it. Now that we are heading into fall sports, I went ahead and signed him up for soccer again! :) We are just hoping he has erased the bloody, swollen mouth incident from his memory so that he will not run away from the ball this year! Fingers crossed. 
Finally, my last weekend of summer was spent in the hospital. My friend Gina and I worked out last Monday and I was pretty sore but we worked out Wednesday as well. Sore arms turned into my right arm swelling to double it's normal size and it had fluid all in it. I thought it was rhabdomyolysis. I  had heard of it before and looked up other people who had it and a lot that of the cases started with arms or legs swelling. 

I  went to urgent care and the lab girl there could never get my blood {ugh} so they sent me to an orthopedic doctor that afternoon who said he didn't think it was rhabdo because my urine was normal. {Read so many stories of people with rhabdo who had normal urine as well}So he send me over to an imaging center to make sure I don't have a blood clot and I had to hurry because they were about to close. Needless to say, I left crying at the end of that day because I went 3 different places and never got any answers, and still never got blood work done! 

The next day I had to follow up with the doctor and the swelling went down a little so he said just elevate, drink water and I'll see you in a week. I requested to get the lab form back because I was going to get my labs checked for piece of mind. Long story a little shorter...I went and got that done Thursday afternoon and got a call Friday morning and went from taking Easton to chuck-e-cheese and instead heading to the ER. The ck level in my blood which should be between 23-104 was 16,600! I was in the hospital from Friday until Monday with constant IVs just pumping through me. If I would not have gone, it could have caused kidney failure. I think I had about 15 bags of IV over the weekend. 
 It was awful and it is going to be tough not allowing this experience to be in the back of my mind when I workout from now on. Always scared to push it too far. I was so glad to get out Monday, but that also meant I missed my first day back to work. I am moving classrooms and we had so many meetings this week, I was so busy, I think I stayed late every night working. But I am ready {enough} for the kid's Monday. 

Easton went and met his teacher today! I am excited for his year and hope that he has a ton of fun! 
Whew! Okay, so that's a wrap! Ready for a fun weekend and getting ready for our first day of school Monday. Ready or not, it's back to the grind. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, SO scary. I'm glad you followed your gut instinct about getting those labs done. Eek! Have a great time being back at school!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!