Thursday, January 14, 2016

running around and reading

Just a quick post of a few things we have been up to lately. Overall with it being dark and colder when we get home, the winter seems to feel less eventful, but we try and do some random fun inside things throughout the busy weeks. Easton had some money saved up from helping around the house and decided he wanted to go to the "ice cream store" and get an ice cream with some of his money. We had a nice little date while daddy was at work ♥ 
Over the weekends, we continue to slowly get some things marked off of the to-do list for Emerson. We did our registry last week-that was fun :) And got this wood dresser and painted it grey and added some new knobs. 
 We also went in town and played at the park and shot some hoops :) 
 Add in a trip to Chuckie Cheese after work yesterday and it's been a good few weeks. 

BUT the reason I am most excited to post today is this right here...I am a proud momma! Easton's teacher talked about starting to work on sight words with him and my mom told her that we had already been working on some at home...so the next day I sent in a book that focuses on sight words that Easton likes to read before bed so that he could read it to her, and she was amazed. She asked if I could send in another book the next day so that she could have him read to the class! She sent me this picture...and as soon as I opened it on my phone, I started to cry. It immediately took me back to Easton starting school last year and he could only say a handful of words, then he starts talking more, initiating conversations, and now here he was reading an entire book by himself to his class. God is good! 
I had to share ♥  Happy Friday eve!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!