Tuesday, June 21, 2016

2 months

 Emerson,

Happy 2 months! I am so thankful for the time I get to spend with you! This past month would have been the time that I would have to go back to work if I was on maternity leave, so I am very thankful that you came to us in April, which will allow me to spend almost 4 months with you before going back to work! 

You are a very happy and content baby. You smile a ton and love looking at toys above you and especially the fan. You not only stare at the fan, but will sit there and watch it and just keep smiling and laughing at it. You are continuing to bless us with awesome sleep! Yay! Going to bed at 9 and waking up between 6 and 7 in the morning. Because you sleep so long at night, you have to make up for your eating during the day and overall still want to eat about every 2 or 2 1/2 hours, usually drinking 4 ounces. 
We had your 2 month check up yesterday, which meant shots :( But everything is looking good and you are a healthy, growing little girl. You are 22.25 inches and weigh 11 lbs 9 oz now. You wear 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. 
So, yesterday after your shots you were sleeping in your car seat and we picked up Easton from VBS and went straight to Target for some infant Tylenol. I kept you in your car seat to sleep and we just took the stroller in. We piled up groceries on the bottom of the stroller and are at the back of the store when you decide to wake up and apparently feel all of the pain from your shots. You started SCREAMING. I pick you up, nope. Try to give you your pasi, nope. Then I have you in one arm and a bottle and formula in the other trying to mix you a bottle in the middle of a random aisle, while trying to tell Easton to stop touching everything. I got the bottle made and...nope. Nothing would soothe you, so at that point I just want to book it out of the store. We were "those" people. I guess at least it was a screaming little baby and not a screaming toddler throwing a tantrum...does that make it any better? 

So we start making our way up to the front of the store and Easton is trying to be a helper for me and push the stroller, but he can't see over the top and is running into everything...as you are still crying. But we still have to check out because the stroller is full and we need the medicine! Once we finally make it to the front you are in and out of crying at this point and Easton unloads everything from the bottom...apparently managing to add Little Debbies and bath crayons to our list. So I am still holding you and you are slowly drinking a bottle now in between crying, {thank goodness} so I'm feeding you, trying to load the bags and get my wallet out while Easton is standing there, "Mommy, we didn't get a blind bag! Mommy, we didn't get a blind bag!" {Little Thomas bags with a mystery train inside that I told him we could get} It was chaos. After that we somehow made it out to the car, I was sweating and on the verge of tears. Now as I replay the story or tell anyone about it I just crack up. You can't make this stuff up. 

Being a mommy is hard some days. But even through the hard days, they are still so so good because I get to spend my time with you and your brother. I promise to never take that for granted. My love for you both is so strong and you both make me so proud every day. ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!