Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Dear Easton

Easton, 
I am in complete shock that you are 5 years old now! You are very shy when you are around new people or situations, but SO silly once you are comfortable. You are very competitive, you will start to get choked up if you lose and get so frustrated...unless Emerson is playing, she is allowed to win. You are seriously the best big brother. When I was pregnant with your sister, I pictured the two of you together, but reality has blown my dreams out of the water. 

With your birthday, I immediately think back on your life so far. We prayed to have you for years. I cannot imagine my life without you. You make me laugh everyday.You have come so far and been through a good bit in your short life already. We found my old phone the other day and put it on the charger. When it came on, up pops all of these old memories. You about the age of 3, barely able to communicate. You have worked so hard buddy and I am so proud of how great you are doing in school and how smart you are! We have hopefully seen the last of your seizures and can look ahead to you continuing to grow into such a healthy, happy and thriving boy. 
You LOVE sports. You say that your favorites are football and basketball. You have played soccer and t-ball on teams, have done crossfit and gymnastics and enjoy going to play golf and tennis. You are 49 lbs and 43.5 inches. 
We had such an amazing party day celebrating you! This year you were so pumped for your party. 
We had it at skyzone trampoline park and everyone we invited was able to come. Even the parents had a blast :) I love looking at this smile on your face. My big boy. But still so young and innocent, not a worry in the world. 


I hope you remember that you can do anything you put your mind to in this life. I cannot imagine growing up in this world like you will have to. You will go through challenges that were not around when I was young.  Just always keep God first and never give up. I thank him everyday for you and pray that he keeps you safe. 

Thank you for making me a mom. Thank you for making my life better than I could have ever imagined. Thank you for putting things into perspective for me. I love you buddy. 

-Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!