Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Miami...and too many pictures

We are back safe and sound from Miami. It was a great trip! I was worried about the weather because they were showing scattered showers for the whole weekend, but it cleared up and was so nice. We got there Saturday and checked into our room at the Mandarin Oriental. It was such a nice hotel!








We got ready and headed to South Beach for the evening.






We started with dinner at a place called Ocean's Ten. Not impressed. After that we walked around to the shops until my feet in heels could take no more and then headed back to the hotel.





We checked out the pool area before heading back to our room. It was beautiful!

On Sunday we spent most of our day laying at the pool and beach area soaking up the sun and relaxing. :)

and then went to an area called Bayside and ate dinner at Hard Rock.





Monday was a fun filled day. We started out at the Miami Zoo. Drake and I both love animals and enjoy going to zoos. We rented a 2 seater bike and rode around the 27 acres. It got hot but was so much fun.









After that we went back to the hotel, cooled off in the pool, and then went to the Marlins/Phillies baseball game. We went to buy our tickets and when the guy asked where we wanted to sit my first question was-which seats are being covered by the shade already? duh! :) So we got some good seats in the shade, I was happy!



They had fireworks after the game...

Finally yesterday we checked out of our hotel but did not fly home until 9:50 at night, so we headed to the mall and walked around for a while, went to see a movie, walked around some more stores, went to eat dinner, and started our check-ins to come back home.

Overall it was a wonderful trip! I am so thankful that we were able to go. I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend. ♥

5 comments:

  1. Rachel, I absolutely love this post. Looks like you had such a fun trip! And I think I need the green top you are wearing. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your babymoon went awesome. What a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me want to go to Miami. I love that pool!!

    Glad you two had such a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. feet+high heels+pregnant+lots of walking = no bueno! Our last hoorah was in NYC and I barely made it in heels for our show!

    I loved Miami when we went, I loved south beach and how everyone competed for your business! We had great cuban food! You guys looked like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! I love so many of the tops on this site :) I will definitely be placing an order in the near future! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!