Saturday, August 29, 2009

Where I came from

In April 1984 I was brought into this world, my mom was told she had 3 months to get pregnant if she wanted another baby. No luck the first 2 months, and after thinking it wouldn't happen, I showed up :)

1994 we moved from Pensacola to Pace where we would stay. I can't tell you too many specifics about those first years, but I have tons of videos to look back on and remember and I am so appreciative of that and will do the same for my kids. We vacationed and went to the beach alot as a family. The funnest parts of our vacations would be at the end of the day just hanging out in the hotel room and acting crazy together. I now appreciate my childhood more and more as I get older and see that they did not have to do the things they did for me.

In 1998 my big brother graduated high school and left for college. All of a sudden I went from picking fights and wanting him out of my business to missing him like crazy and being a little freaked out that we would never live together again.

In August of 1998 I started high school. You would find me in the afternoons on the golf course, soccer field, or track. I loved my sports and they kept me out of trouble. I had a great time in high school, but they were definetely not the best years of your life like people claim they are.

In 2002 I graduated high school and headed off to LSU to play on the golf team. I will never forget walking into that little apartment for the first time. I was homesick. A huge year of transition for me. Enjoyed it, but knew I was not meant to stay there. Had a great trip to Puerto Rico and made some new friends.

In July 2003 my niece Kylie was born. I have enjoyed every minute that I have been able to watch her grow up. I am so glad that she is in my life.

In 2003 I headed to UCF to play soccer. This is where I found my comfort zone. I had some friends there that were from back home so I did not feel homesick anymore. I officially went through the good 'ol "party stage" of my life and had a blast with the soccer team. We traveled to California and Europe while I was there. Amazing time in my life!

In the Spring of 2005 without looking, I met Mr. Drake Wade :) He was a baseball hottie that I instanly felt a connection with. I was so bummed that after only a few months of knowing him, I would be heading home for the summer. But we talked all summer and I was so excited to go back for my senior year.

May 2006 I graduated college! It was such a great feeling. My whole family came down to be with me.

After coming home from graduation in the summer of 2006 I wondered the next step in my life. Towards the end...I figured it out when Drake proposed to me. I was the happiest girl around. We planned to get married in April of 2007, after being together for two years.

April 2007 I married the man of my dreams. I was so happy, I am so glad my grandpa got to see me get married before he passed. Drake and I moved into a little one bedroom apartment and were working, not making much money...but living on love :)

Since then... we have started our careers, Drake is a correctional officer and I am currently doing social work. We have been to the Bahamas, New York, Texas, D.C., and a few other places together. We live close to my family which I love, and are working on starting our fam. :) Can't wait!

Well, this is a short re-cap of some of the moves I made to end up where I am today, and I love looking back at stages in life that at the time made no sense but when you see what happened because of them, you see that God knows what he is doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!