Wednesday, December 2, 2009

When it rains, it pours

Whheewww what a day. Well to start out, our yard and road has had some pretty bad flooding before. I guess with it being a new subdivision they still are working things out. Well, it rained hard this morning and for a long time...so I woke up to Drake whispering that I might want to get up and see outside. Well the only thing I could see was the part of our front porch that is a step, and the back porch. Everything else...a lake. I started freaking out and getting things prepared in case it started coming in the house. Well, Thank God that around that time it started letting up. We have to get something done about it. Here are some pictures from the rain, this was after the water went down some, at its peak it was still dark outside.

The front yard


Our road


Our road again


Fences behind our house destroyed from the flooding


Our fence half way covered with water and the road with several feet and a car floating away!

So...that was our start to the morning. Crazy! After that I actually had a pretty good, busy day. Now I am home and waiting for my love to get home :) Only one more work day for me...Friday we just have our Christmas Party and get the rest of the day off. Yay!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!