I am so excited it is the weekend! Yesterday after work I headed to the mall until Drake got off and went ahead and got a couple things from motherhood. I tried on the fake belly they have to see how the things would look in a couple more months and I just stared at myself in the mirror. Soaking in the fact that I would look like that soon...because well, there is a baby growing inside me. Holy crap?! There is a baby growing inside me! Another one of those moments where reality creeps in just a little bit more. It still feels like I am dreaming. After that I came home and Drake and I went to my parent's house for dinner for Kylie's last night of spring break...she headed back this morning because she had a soccer game. I love that kid! We ate and played games the whole time :)
Today I was up early and felt motivated for the day, so I headed to the gym. I went to a circuit training class that I have not been to yet and it was great. There were only a couple of us in there so the instructor would do one-on-one sparring with us during some of the rotations. I felt great. Then I came home and showered and headed up to Drake's work. Today is their Spring Fling where they have music, free food, and giveaways. It was nice to see him at work, there were a ton of the corporate people there for the event and they all met me and told me what a great job Drake is doing as manager. :) Go Drake! I mean, how can you not love this guy?!

Oh and here are their hilarious yet totally inappropriate shirts for the day. haha

I bet that was a pretty surreal moment to envision yourself with a belly like that in a couple of months!
ReplyDeleteNice shirts. :)
I am in my third trimester and still catch myself looking in the mirror thinking, "oh my there is a baby in there and she is coming out soon." or when she moves it is the best feeling in the world. It seems like yesterday we were seeking fertility treatment. Now, here we are pregnant.
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend continues being great.
I was so tempted to try on that belly when I went in that store, but didn't want everyone to hear me undo the massive velcro that was on it. I too still feel like I don't belong in this situation or in those stores, so I'm afraid to accept that this really is happening. I'm glad you got to see the reality right before your eyes! :)
ReplyDeletethat shirt is awesome.
ReplyDelete(ps. hi rachel!)