Sunday, May 22, 2011

Birthday Boy

Happy 28th Birthday Drake! :) I hope today has been fun for my hubby...I'm glad that it fell on his one day off for the week! After next week, he will be back to normal hours yay! Yesterday while he was at work I went and did all of his birthday shopping and then we made it a movie night last night. Today he had some gifts to open and we had cake. When I stopped by Target yesterday I planned on grabbing one of there already made cakes and they had hamburger cakes as one of the options. So much cooler than any of the other choices with the plain old flowers on them so I had to grab it. Drake loves burgers and cake...perfect. It was funny when I asked the lady to write happy birthday Drake on the top and she asked about the little boy it was for. haha ummm, it's actually for my husband who is turning 28. Is that not normal? :)




Then we played golf with my parents again...we had such a good time last week, that is what Drake wanted to do for the afternoon.








Once we got home we took a dip in our new pool! :) Yes, we have a redneck pool now. But I could care less about how it looks and if it will hold strong for us through this summer when I am very hot and pregnant it will be worth every penny. Summer break is only a couple weeks away for me and I know I will spend many afternoons floating around with my radio playing while I wait for Drake to get home from work.


Well...now we are off to get dinner, Drake's choice. I think he decided on going up the road to Ruby Tuesday for their salad bar. I hope you all have a great week!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute cake! I haven't seen anything like that at the stores before. And I am seriously considering getting a pool too - just afraid to kill my grass. I can always put new seed down if needed, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday drake!! That cake looks amazing, and the pool...oooh that makes me miss laying out in the pool at my parent's place. Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!