Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 21

Hey :) I am 21 weeks pregnant and have had a handful of symptoms pop up this week. First off-heartburn! It is the first time I have had heartburn so bad to where I feel it all in my throat. Next, I have had leg cramps start to pop up...they just feel achy and weird. I still have my congestion all the time, and am having bloody gums now too. I'm so thankful to have "what to expect" to look at. Otherwise, I wouldn't think twice about these random things happening, but they are all under possible symptoms for this stage in the pregnancy. Oh and I also had a hormonal day Saturday. It is only the second time I have felt really hormonal this whole pregnancy but I was just crying for no reason and just felt like being a bum. Overall, I think Drake has been lucky overall with my hormones...so far haha Anyways, I am not complaining about any of these symptoms, just giving the update on any changes for the week. :)

Something exciting that happened this week is Drake feeling Easton for the first time :) It made me so happy to know the outside world could feel him moving now. Yesterday we stopped by my parents and I kept poking my belly until he started moving and my mom and dad were both able to feel too.




Easton is the size of a banana!

*Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.*

5 comments:

  1. I wrote about several random symptoms this week too. Sorry to hear about the heartburn - that is no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's really starting to grow..grow..grow! I Love You Easton!! Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sorry to hear you had an emotional/hormonal day. I'm sure there will be more of them, but Drake sounds like the perfect person to make them easier.

    You look great! Thanks for your well wishes for my appointment today xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that Drake can feel him now too!! Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look GREAT! I'm pretty sure my 8 week twin belly is bigger than yours...NOT FAIR! You look so darn cute! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) You are awesome!